Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why can't we just be HONEST about Haiti?


I was deliberately avoiding talking about Haiti on this blog (this is supposed to be the "happy, fun blog") but I am at the point where I just can't help it. I try to leave the heavy serious subjects off this site but I am at my wits' end.

I just want to know why we can't be honest about our feelings about Haiti?

I don't want to hear about suddenly compassionate celebrities who could not have pointed Haiti out on a map prior to this happening.

I don't want to hear about what a horrible person I am.

I don't want to hold hands and sing Kum-by-ya.

Frankly, I am Haiti'ed out.

I don't want to hear anything else about Haiti.

I didn't care about Haiti before and I really don't care much about Haiti right now.

Y'know who I really feel sorry for?

I feel sorry for the Dominican Republic.

How would YOU like to have Haiti as a conjoined twin?

Do us all a favor.

Call in the damn bulldozers.

Shove Port au Prince into the sea.

The world might just be a better place.

No comments: