Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's just easier this way.....

Well..thank goodness Christmas is OVER.

I cannot tell you how much better I am starting to feel once the mandatory holidays are over being crammed down my throat.
It's like a weight lifting off my shoulders.


But here's the deal:

I have decided that this is the last time I am going to let the holidays bother me this much.
I can't do anything about the Seasonal Affective Disorder.
It comes around every year totally predictably and I turn into a mean, cranky zombie.

But the holidays are something I CAN do something about.

And just like staying angry or holding a grudge...it is just too mentally, emotionally and phyically exhausting to continue on a regular basis.

I don't want to do it anymore.

So this is it.

I have decided to stop expending energy complaining about how much I hate the holidays.

I just don't care any more and it takes too much out of me to fight it.

I can't do anything about it.



That's the thing about hitting your head against a brick wall.

It feels so good when you finally stop.