Sunday, December 6, 2009

I really needed to be someplace else today.

Okay, it was one of those days.
It got down to 30 degrees last night.
I brought the plants in and put them in the little "greenhouse" that I built for them on the screen porch. I think it worked pretty well because they seem fine while the plants that got left out are all quite dead.
But it was so cold, I tried Cookie's sweater on her. LOL. It was like trying to stuff a 10 pound sausage into a 5 pound casing. I think she's gained a little weight.
So, while Petsmart had its 30% off sale, it seemed like a good time to buy her a new sweater.

We drove in to town.
I planned on having brunch with CrazyFriend but we had about an hour and a half so that was plenty of time to find a sweater for Cookie.
She has to try on every one in the store because she is very...uhhh..."full-figured", if you will.
But we eventually found one for her.

We got it and hubby went back home and I went into town, thinking I was going to meet CrazyFriend for brunch.
We talked about it yesterday.
So, I called her and said "CrazyFriend, I'm on my way into town, what are you doing, what time do you want to meet at Cafe Strudel?"
There was a long silence on the other end of the line and then she says..."Oh I'm here with my boyfriend (insert: creep, sleazebag freeloader) and we're taking pictures of the renovations he's doing at such and such a place...you know..before and after stuff."
And I said, "Well, how long is that going to take?"
And she said hesitantly, "All day....."
I said, "Thanks, CrazyFriend. I thought we were going to have brunch."
"I guess I got distracted.." she said lamely.

Now, being the guy, if I had done that, she would have been angry and launched into her most passive aggressive hissy fit that she could muster.
But I just said, "Thanks a bunch." I'll remember next time I get "distracted".
And I went on my way.

Lunch sucked.
I haven't been to this place in ages because I didn't like it before.
But another friend has decided that it's his new favorite place so I thought I'd give it a try again.
Well.....guess what I STILL don't like it.
My brunch, although very inexpensive, was just not that great.
I wish I had just gone next door to the coffee house.
And unfortunately, you cannot fix a bad lunch.
It stays with you all day.

I headed over to the other side of town, where we don't usually spend much time and I just kinda chilled out.
It was nice.
I needed to be someplace different.
I needed a break.

I went to Barnes & Noble.
Rarely go there.
I spent $20 on 3 books (2 journals and 1 cozy that looked cute).
And I just wandered around.
Aimlessly, mindlessly.

I went to the sporting goods store and looked at metal detectors.
I want one but I just can't bring myself to spend $150 on one.
I looked at tents.
I bought a spoon for $1.99.
Big purchase.

And I stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse.
I bought a Chicken and Noodle camping meal.
A pair of socks.
And a tiny Lexan spatula.
I spent $16.00.

It turned out to be a very relaxing day.
I didn't spend too much.
I bought a bunch of stuff I didn't really need.
I hit $4.00 on my lottery tickets.
And I found a quarter in one of the parking lots.
Wooo hooo

On the way home, I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and had hot coffee and a French Cruller.
It was VERY good and I enjoyed it.

Even though I was and still am miffed at CrazyFriend for her uncharacteristically inconsiderate action, it turned out to be for the best.
I know I enjoyed the day more.
I needed a change of pace.
I needed to be someplace else today.

1 comment:

Nike said...

There are many types of motorcycle leather jackets available they Tiger Shoes differ in terms of aesthetics, cuts and sizes. Mostly motorcycle leather jackets are found in black color but different colors are also available. Biker's jacket usually comes with huge pointed lapels and is mostly in black color. Franklin Marshall While the motorcycle leather jackets used by the racers differ as they are mostly brightly colored and don't have any sort of lapels they grip the body more firmly to provide protection to the racer. the north face outlet The motorcycle leather jackets made for women style needs are mostly white in color and can be in square and boxy styles.