Thursday, October 1, 2009

If you say "You guys..." one more time.

Well, I had been looking forward to yesterday for a while and it turned out to be a bit of a bust.

I had planned on taking my friend who also broke her ankle out for a nice drive and lunch somewhere in town but the day started out badly and finished up on a negative note too so it was a no-win situation the entire way around.

The tone for the day was set when my friend had been abandoned at the doctor's office by her step-daughter who known for her lack of judgement on occasion. It was a bit of an unfortunate mix-up and the tension between them was so thick you could cut it with a knife. The day did NOT start on a good note.

And my stomach was still soooo upset from my chicken salad escapades the day before I could hardly stand it. I had gone through Alka-Seltzer and it was so bad I even resorted to Pepto-Bismol (ugh you KNOW it was bad if I went that far...)

We ran a few simple errands and then headed for what I thought was going to be a lovely lunch at a high-end place called Miyo's/ Fancy asian food and it is usually very good and a nice treat.

Unfortunately, with my broken stomach and our useless moron of a waiter and the food being only fair (which is most unusual) lunch was a disaster.

NOTE TO ANYONE WHO IS WAITSTAFF:

If you are in a high-end restaurant and your customers are two women who are both old enough to be your mother DO NOT>>>I repeat DO NOT address them at anytime during the meal as "You guys..." ("Can I get you guys anything else?")
If at anytime you do that to me YOU CAN FORGET ANY KIND OF A TIP. Period.
If you disappear for long periods of time and do not check on me....even worse.
If you give me ice tea WITH NO ICE IN THE GLASS...Forget it.
If my food is not prepared the way I asked for it....it may not be your fault but too bad. I'm blaming you anyway.

That's exactly what went on yesterday.

If I am at a college bar in the university district having a hamburger and french fries, I don't mind (You guys"_). If I am at a nice place paying $12 for lunch, I expect "Ladies" or Ma'am" at the least.



So anyway.......Yesterday was a bit of a disaster all the way around. Plus my friend in Florida called and she is so anxious for me to come and visit her. I am going to try and go on either the 11th or the 18th of this month and visit with her for a couple of days. That's another unfortunate situation all the way around. Jeeeezzz Sometimes life just sucks.



Okay enough ranting and pointless rambling.

Yesterday sucked.

Hopefully today will be a better day.

2 comments:

garnett109 said...

Hoping today was better for you!

salemslot9 said...

true
sometimes it sucks
sometimes it doesn't
hope Florida is good for you