Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surgery, shopping and $20 a month.

Well, it's been a pretty busy week.

I had my outpatient surgery on Thursday to remove one of the screws from my ankle. It wasn't so bad. The worst part was getting there at 6 a.m. And that worked out just fine because I was first on the surgery schedule so I was done by 8:30 and out of there by 9:00.

The doctor was right. It was very minor (I just have a little band-aid on my ankle) but I still had to do the whole surgery thing...NPO after midnight, the anesthesia, feeling like crap for a day. But that is done. I've got the screw (it's not as big as I thought it was going to be) and hopefully, the doctor will turn my loose after the next visit.

My ankle is still a little sore but I don't think it's quite as stiff as it was with the screw in it..

I don't know. It might just be my imagination.



*****************************************************************



I've decided that I am going to spend $20 a month on something for someone else.

I don't know why I have made this decision. I just got to thinking about all the junk I buy and all the lunches I eat out. And I realized that I never buy stuff for other people.

So I decided that I am going to try to spend $20 a month for a treat or a surprise that they don't expect for someone else.

I started last week. I bought my friend Russell a little Mr. Coffee coffee maker.

He said he has started to enjoy coffee again.

He's a single guy who lives alone in a very small cottage.

So I bought him a nice little 4 cup coffee maker (just enough for himself in the morning.)

I haven't seen him yet but I will give it to him next week when we have lunch.

I think $20 a month is a pretty doable amount.

And it will make someone happy.



***************************************************************************



I don't get the Janet Evanovich thing.

I tried to read a couple of her books.

I tried to like them but I never could.

She is up to number fifteen now and it looks like she is running out of steam.

I think that happens when writers try to carry on a series just a little too long.

Out of 400 reviews on Amazon, her last book got 120 negative reviews.

The same thing happened to another author who I really liked, Jill Churchill.

Her last book that she phoned in was a flop and a fiasco.

People.....You're successful authors. You've worked hard and you are NOT lazy.
You should KNOW that when the jokes and quirky characters are overdone, when you can't come up with a coherent plot....it is time to move on.

Don't embarrass yourself by churning out another potboiler that could have been written by drunken monkeys.



******************************************************************************



Today? I feel fairly good. I am going to take a shower and get all this surgery related stuff scrubbed off and try to look and feel like a human being. I guess all I'll need is a band-aid on the little incision. We are going to go to lunch and just wander around in our usual aimless fashion. I wish I had something to do that actually had some direction. I don't. I would love to have a little business again but I don't know what I could do. A friend of mine makes jewelry.

I wish I had a talent or a skill like that. I would like to write or paint or travel. Oh well. right now it's lunch and the bookstore. That's good too.



*********************************************************************************



Murdering little girls:

This is becoming a very sick dangerous epidemic in our country, I can't believe this has happened twice in one week, with little girls less than a mile from their homes, walking home from school or out playing. What is WRONG with people and why do we continue to mollycoddle these predators? I think the hand-holding tearful candlelight vigils are a waster of time and resources. If all these people can get together to hold hands, sing Kum-By-Ya and light candles..how about if they get out and do something? Make safe houses. Check the neighborhood. Be alert. DO something. Just get adults outside on the routes to school. I don't even LIKE kids but this is sick and deeply disturbing.

RIGHT NOW THE PREDATORS AND THE PEDOPHILES ARE WINNING.



*******************************************************************************



Okay..enough is enough.



I have to think seriously about getting out and getting everyone fed.

And I have to figure out what I am going to wear.

Crazyfriend will be here to look after everyone so we can go out.


Countdown to the Missy Good hat:
26 days




1 comment:

Nike said...

Its components of preserving the tactic Nike Air Max 90 cozy and consuming water resistance made it game for skiing purpose. The fleece lining kept their tactic cozy even inside the unpressurized zones. By 1960, Onitsuka Tiger Shoes surfers in inclusion for the swimmers began preferring it to retain on their personal cozy the instant they have been not in water. Slowly, Monster Headphones it started to appear to be critically well-known between the South Californian swimmers and surfers who made the entry of Uggs within your path using the Hollywood instead a smooth one