Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Cliches: Been There Done That

Well, we had 5 inches of snow last night. That's right.....5 inches.
It started at about 6:00 last night, right after dinner and it snowed all night.
It was actually very pretty. Big, fluffy white flakes.
Every my grumpy husband thought it was pretty and wanted to walk outside in it for a little while. That was most unlike him.
And this morning, it was GORGEOUS.
It was piled up on the trees and it was clean and white and pristine.
I wasn't sure of what our little dog was going to think of it.
She is usually pretty cold natured and the snow was literally up to her chest.
But she was a very good sport.
The first few times, we took her out under one of the sheds to pee but she didn't seem to care.
She wanted to go out and PLAY.
So I let her.
I took her sweater off her and let her go.
She bounced and ran and had a wonderful time.
I was very surprised.
I thought sure she was going to make a beeline for the door but she bounced through the snow all the way to the road.
And she decided she was going to dig and burrow as well.
It was funny.
But now, she is all curled up under her blankets, sound asleep.
CrazyFriend wanted to come over "to take snow pictures" but I strongly discouraged her from driving if it wasn't necessary.
She had plenty of snow at her house she could take pictures of.
I fed the birds lots of extra bird seed and peanut butter.
They seemed quite grateful for the extra rations.
Even the great big crows were up here looking for a snack.
I threw out some extra cracked corn for them.
I bought 50 lbs of it so there was plenty to go around.
It's too cold for anyone to go hungry.
Right now, I am starting to get into the "I'm so bored I could die.." mode.
I'm okay staying home and being idle for about.......4 or 5 hours tops and then I start to lose it.
I have been outside a couple of times trying to find things to do.
I tried shoveling some of the snow off the deck.
I swept the snow off the porch.
I cooked chicken for Cookie and the cats.
I did some laundry.
I made lunch (grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup)
After a while, I run out of things to do and I need to get out of here.
That's it for me.
The snow is pretty.
For a little while.
Right now.....the prettiness is wearing off.
I don't know if I will be able to get out tomorrow.
I certainly HOPE so.
THAT'S IT!
I've had it.
I've said and done all the snow cliches.
ENOUGH SNOW.

1 comment:

kathi said...

I'm always surprised how much dogs seem to love snow, and it's not always the ones with the heavy double coats that you expect would like the cold!

:: Mingle On! ::