Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Eight cups of coffee later.....

Well, yesterday was perfectly awful
I guess caffeine is my drug of choice and yesterday I totally od'ed.
I started out with my usual two cups of coffee when I got up, with a bagel and strawberry yogurt spread. That was fine.
Then Crazyfriend called and wanted to meet. I said fine and I suggested that we go to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast.
So we got there at 10:30.
I had biscuits and gravy and two turkey sausage patties.
Oh.... and did I mention that I had 4 more cups of coffee?
We,, that got me pretty wired.
We shopped (I bought a black sweater vest for $8.00 at Cracker Barrel)
CrazyFriend went to Penney's and tried on all the suits she's treid on once before but didn't buy anything.
And we just kind of wandered around.
I could feel the caffeine kicking in as we went to Home Depot and I bought 6 2x4's for no particular reason and I found myself ranting to CrazyFriend about her freeloading con man of a "boy friend" who is running her life...something I have not done in months.
Then after she left, I had to go pick up Cookie from Day Care.
On the way there, I decided to get Cookie a chicken sandwich from McDonald's. And I thought okay..what the heck, as long as I was there, I'd try one of their Mocha drinks....(chocolate and an espresso shot.)
I stopped at the Pontiac place and actually found the exact fleece gloves I wanted plus a pair of black Browning socks.
Then I got Cookie and we went on home.
I was WIRED><.]\
When I got home, it was about 2:30. Hubby was home from his doctor's appointment.
I had such a buzz on, my brain was tingling from the caffeine electricity.
So....I threw my golf clubs in the car (literally) and went to play golf.
It looked like it might rain but I didn't care.
I played the fastest 9 holes of golf that I have ever played ever and I found about a dozen lost golf balls in the ponds and the bushes.
When I got home from that, my brain was still buzzing but I was starting to come down.
Fortunately, hubby made his own dinner. I had a Spam sandwich and a 7Up.
Immediately after dinner, I totally CRASHED and I mean CRASHED.
I went to lie down and tried to read my book. That lasted about 15 seconds before I fell asleep.
I slept until 11:00 and then could NOT go back to sleep.
I watched TV until about 1:30/ I was exhausted but I could not go to sleep.
And of course, poor Cookie was sooo restless trying to follow me around.
I tossed and turned until 3:00 am when I got up and watched Ellen Degeneres and Rita Rudner on the Comedy Channel.
At 4:15, I finally went back to bed, felt horrible but fell asleep.
UGH UGH UGH.
When I got up at 7:30 this morning, I CAUTIOUSLY had ONE cup of coffee.
Damn.........what a roller coaster ride.


4 comments:

Beth said...

LOL! I cut out almost all caffeine a while back, so when I have some now, I buzz, too!

garnett109 said...

eat the beans

Lisa said...

I switched to half caff....I was getting really wired and running around like a nervous nut!

salemslot9 said...

hair of the dog