Friday, August 21, 2009

Free at last, free at last!

YAY!!!!!

I GOT MY CAST OFF!!!!!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday and he took my cast off. I was soooooo glad. It's been over 5 weeks since I hurt myself and I was ready.
I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I went for my appointment. I was hoping he's take it off but I just wasn't sure. He looked at the x-rays though and said I was good to go.
He gave me a light weight brace, some compression hose (my foot is swelling really bad) and a few exercises to try. And he gave me 6 weeks of physical therapy. It feels really weird.
I don't know how long it'll take me to get back to full function but I can tell you this....once I can move my foot 6 inches up and down (enough to press a gas pedal, then I am outta here!!

I am soooo glad. At least I am making some definite progess and hopefully will make a full recovery. I'm thinking 4 to 6 months but that is tolerable if I can start to get around on my own.

YAY!!!!!! Woooo hoooo!!

2 comments:

garnett109 said...

Glad to hear that you got your cast off now be careful

salemslot9 said...

good girl