Friday, August 21, 2009

Free at last, free at last!

YAY!!!!!

I GOT MY CAST OFF!!!!!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday and he took my cast off. I was soooooo glad. It's been over 5 weeks since I hurt myself and I was ready.
I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I went for my appointment. I was hoping he's take it off but I just wasn't sure. He looked at the x-rays though and said I was good to go.
He gave me a light weight brace, some compression hose (my foot is swelling really bad) and a few exercises to try. And he gave me 6 weeks of physical therapy. It feels really weird.
I don't know how long it'll take me to get back to full function but I can tell you this....once I can move my foot 6 inches up and down (enough to press a gas pedal, then I am outta here!!

I am soooo glad. At least I am making some definite progess and hopefully will make a full recovery. I'm thinking 4 to 6 months but that is tolerable if I can start to get around on my own.

YAY!!!!!! Woooo hoooo!!

3 comments:

garnett109 said...

Glad to hear that you got your cast off now be careful

salemslot9 said...

good girl

Nike said...

Nike is a brand name synonymous to shoes Nike Air Max 2009 . It's a household name that has accumulated billions in revenue since its humble beginnings. Hogan Shoes Online It's everybody favorite shoe company. Nike was founded in 1962, by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight in the trunk of Knight's car and was originally started as Blue Ribbon Sports. North Face Jackets For Men Nike emanated from two sources: Bill Bowerman's quest for lighter, more durable racing shoes for his University of Oregon runners, and Knight's search for a way to make a living without having to Moncler Shoes give up his love of athletics. The name 'Nike' was established in 1972 after the winged Greek goddess of victory.