Monday, March 16, 2009

Kashi, Who are You Kidding??

Well, I went shopping last week and was trying to find something different and convenient to have for my dinners.
I bought one of those Kashi dinners that they have been advertising so heavily on TV.
They looked really good.
So I bought one.
A Mango Rice and Veggies casserole.
Now it WAS very yummy and I thoroughly enjoyed it BUT...
And here's the BUT;
It was about a cup of rice, a couple of tablespoons of black beans, some julienne carrots, a little corn and some mango chutney.
I figured it up and it was probably about 30 cents worth of ingredients.
It was yummy and it was convenient but there was no way it was worth the $3.15 I paid for it.
And that was at the commissary.
No way.

So....I got a bee in my bonnet and made some of my own this morning.
I cooked a cup of rice, julienne carrots, a handful of frozen corn and half a can of black beans.
I added some chipotle seasoning and mixed it all together.
(I didn't have any mango chutney).

For about $1.00 worth of ingredients, (maybe less) I made 3 servings of basically the SAME stuff.
Mine tasted every bit as good.
I am very pleased and although I liked it, I will NOT pat $3.00 for a measley little serving of rice and beans, Kashi or not.
*************************************************************
That's it.
We have 3 SOLID days of rain and I am about to go stir crazy.
I HATE it when I can't get out and do stuff.
I am ready to tear my hair out.
I keep thinking that I could go to the gym but I can't seem to get back there, even after 6 years of going loyally 3 to 6 days a week.
I just can't make myself go anymore, even though I know I should.

So I don't think hubby wants to do anything (he rarely does).
I guess I will take the trash to the dump (Yay). It won't take itself.
And then I will go to Wally World and maybe to the Goodwill Store.
I don't really need anything from either place and going to the gym would certainly make more sense and be more benficial but I can't seem to go.
So....it'll be lunch somewhere, Wally World and the Goodwill Store.

I HATE this lousy weather.
It just makes me miserable and unhappy and crazy.

***************************************************
Oh....BTW just because I want to LOOK at something, explore my options and discuss the possibilities doesNOT necessarily mean I want to do anything right that red hot second. The only way I can figure out exactly what I want is to look at different things and figure out different options. Jeeeeeeeezzzzz.

*******************************************************
CrazyFriend is up to her old tricks, She has put herself in yet another untenable situation and is running herself ragged trying to do things to help and please everyone else while the wheels are falling off her life.
So what else it new?
*******************************************************
That's it, The weather SUCKS and I hate myself and want to die.

2 comments:

garnett109 said...

You got to remember your paying workers to make that for you.

salemslot9 said...

I feel that way, too
during the most painful times
I pray, alot
hope you see the sun, soon